Cheryl lives in Southern California with her adorable hubby and 2 sons. She has a MFA in Creative Writing and enjoy games, reading and, of course, writing. She grows tall bearded irises and avidly listens to trailer music by groups like Audiomachine, Two Steps from Hell, and Future World Music. Cheryl’s favorite genre to write and read is YA Fantasy closely followed by YA Scifi and she would love to dabble in Steam Punk and Dystopian.
She has been writing since she was 13, using her mother’s dinosaur of a typewriter (it was from the fifties I think!) and her father’s special resume paper (without his knowledge). Those stories are long gone, but her brain never sleeps without coming up with new ideas.
Fun Facts about Cheryl:
- Cheryl taught herself to read at age 4 and by the time she was 7 she was reading 10th grade books. Luckily her mom was a librarian!
- Cheryl loves nerdy things like tabletop games, video games, and playing Magic the Gathering with her eldest son.
- Cheryl was born in 1977 only a few months before Star Wars came out. She loves both Star Trek and Star Wars!
- Cheryl dislikes her old fashioned name…but her family nickname is just as old fashioned: Sherry.
- Cheryl has been married for 19 years!
- Cheryl has 2 sons, ages 13 and 17.
- Cheryl has 3 birds, Tango, Pilot, and Archades. (No other pets allowed where we live).
- Cheryl has written a total of 5 books. Her very first is not published it’s that bad!
- Cheryl’s food weakness: Pasta
Connect with Cheryl: